|October 12, 2018 – November 30, 2018||1:30 pm – 3:00 pm (Fridays)||October 5, 2018|
This group is designed for children ages 5 to 8 years who are hesitant or resistant to trying new foods. The goal of this program is to expose children to new foods and allow them to explore these foods.
The children will become food detectives and be provided with a food ‘toolbox’ that they can use at home when interacting with new foods. The family will be required to complete an at-home ‘food mission’ each week.
Parents are required to attend 3 one-hour parent education sessions which will be held at the same time as the child group sessions. Information from the parent session builds on the previous sessions.
It is ideal but not mandatory that the same parent or guardian attend all 3 sessions.
In addition, please arrive 5 minutes prior to the end of the session to touch base with the clinician regarding the weekly food mission. Parents are welcome to stay and observe all sessions.
- Oct 12 – Why are you here? Why do we eat? – Parent attends last 5 minutes
- Oct 19 – What does food do in our body? – One Hour Parent Session
- Oct 26 – Types of food our body needs? – Parent attends last 5 minutes
- Nov 2 – Types of food our body needs? – Parent attends last 5 minutes
- Nov 9 – Smell – One Hour Parent Session
- Nov 16 – Smell – Parent attends last 5 minutes
- Nov 23 – Role of the mind in taste and food acceptance – Individualized Appointments
- Nov 30 – Wrap up – Individualized Appointments
Key Connections Consulting Inc.
1245 – 2nd Avenue, South, Lethbridge, AB, T1J 0E5
*This group is facilitated by Registered Occupational Therapist and may be covered by your insurance or extended health plan.
If bringing siblings, please ensure group sessions are not interrupted and siblings are occupied.
How to Register
Registration for this event is now closed. To inquire about booking this event in the future or other events, please visit our event booking page or contact us by phone at 403-524-2522 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.