Facilitated by: Kent Hollingsworth MA, CSFT, Associate Partner | Behaviour Consultant/Counsellor
|April 8, 2019 – April 10, 2019||8:45 am – 4:00 pm||March 22, 2019|
Location | Fantasyland Hotel, Edmonton, AB
SIVA is a Canadian-created safety management course for mental health professionals, residential care providers, educators and caregivers responsible for individuals with special needs who engage in unsafe behaviours.
SIVA’s holistic relationship-based model effectively utilizes collaboration, goal-direction, self-management and healthy empowerment to strengthen relationships and create safety.
Thousands of professionals and caregivers have embraced the SIVA model as their training program of choice.
SIVA has been described as “a refreshing alternative to crisis focused programs”.
SIVA is recognized by the Canadian Accreditation Council and agencies who have completed C.A.R.F. (Commission of Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) accreditation have received an exemplary designation for their use of the SIVA program.
During the Trainer Courses, participants will receive guided instruction and hands-on experience in learning the hallmark philosophy, guiding principles and applied modules of the SIVA program.
The following are the core modules of the SIVA Safety Management Program:
- Self-Care; identify and manage compassion fatigue through self-introspection and support systems
- Proactive Safety Management Evaluations
- Development of Collaborative WISE Plans
- Development of Communication Skills that are goal-directed and build upon Collaborative WISE Plans
- Emergency Safety Interventions for those situations that present an imminent risk of harm to self or others
- Post-intervention Management through environmental safety, debriefing and incident report writing
Instructors will also receive the following:
SIVA Instructors Manual, SIVA Flash Drive with instructor materials, Complimentary SIVA Instructor Consultations and a 2-year SIVA Instructor Certificate.
For more information go to https://www.sivatraining.ca/
How to Register
Registration for this event is now closed. To inquire about booking this event in the future or other events, please visit our event booking page or contact us by phone at 403-524-2522 or by email at email@example.com.